How to Get Married on Governors Island in 10 Easy Steps:
- Find someone to love.
- Pick a date and invite your friends and family and a bunch of pirates.
- Take the first boat, race down to Picnic Point and arrange all of the wheelbarrow benches in rows like chruch pews.
- Stand in front of the Statue of Liberty and say, “I do.”
- Fend off pirates who are stealing your new bride.
- Have a picnic.
- Go on a bike ride around the Island with your guests
- Live happily ever after.
Check out Bike Blog NYC for more photos and the backstory behind this past weekend’s impromptu bike pirate wedding. We always welcome impromptu weddings (Chris and Allie weren’t the first!). If you are not a bike pirate and need a little more help with your Governors Island wedding, you can contact Water Taxi Beach.
UPDATE: We got this fantastic video of the wedding from the groom himself and wanted to share it: http://www.youtube.com/user/DedicatedLaneVideo?feature=mhum