In just 24 short hours, thousands of visitors can come out to Governors Island to enjoy food festivals, incredible public art, the Family Festival, bike riding and so much more.
The Island is open this season on Saturdays, Sundays and Holiday Mondays through September 30. Below is a small sampling of some of this weekend’s activities:
- Enjoy craft beer, wine and tons of food (including a grilled cheese cook off!) at 5 Boro PicNYC. Tickets are required but get them here.
- Stop by the Governors Island Alliance’s Family Festival in Nolan Park, featuring story telling, arts, crafts, harbor education activities and musical and theatrical performances.
- Head over to Building 110 to see Cooper Hewitt National Design Museum’s incredible exhibition of “Graphic Design: Now in Production” and then stop by the LMCC Art Center at Governors Island right upstairs to see artists at work in their studios.
- Enjoy a dozen of Mark di Suvero’s amazing sculptures all across the Island as a part of “Mark di Suvero at Governors Island presented by Storm King Art Center.
- Stop by the Governors Galleries to enjoy a wide range of indoor cultural exhibits and programs.
- On Monday, borrow a bike for free for up to one hour from Bike and Roll to enjoy Free Bike Holiday Mondays.
And there is so much more! Check out the full list of events and programs and we look forward to seeing you on the Island.